Jeanie's last camp julien email
Hi!
So my days are numbered ... literally. Our gym is gone ... our office is gone .... I'm operating on a borrowed laptop ..... its time to go:). I think I emailed some of you my new email for KAF ... its Haining@forces.gc.ca ... so no JL.
Its been crazy watching the camp tear down. You can see across the camp now and it doesn't seem as big as when it had a bunch of weather havens. I've lucked out on having to move or go to rations because that all starts the day after I leave. Thankfully!
Yep, the people left behind are eating hard rations...just like having to go out to the field. Although I think for civilians it would be a little like camping so we wouldn't maybe mind it as much as the military who've been there, done that.
Apparently in KAF there isn't a Canadian gym location yet so we will be just doing seacan reorganizing and maybe some classes at the american gym and some tourneys.
Thankfully I'm going to Thailand for my time off soon after I get to KAF. I've attached pics of the gym building tear down. We set up a small gym on a concrete pad that used to be the Jr Ranks patio and the guys here are awesome about using it. You want to talk about commitment to fitness .... we've got guys in toques and gloves working out in the mornings. V. cool, literally. I'm sad because I lost my blue west beach toque that I've had to wear for the last few weeks as it got cold .... but apparently KAFis 5-10 degrees warmer than here so hopefully that will make it okay:)
Okay ... enough boring news ... basically I haven't done much except pack seacans and write up load lists for moving them so I don't really have a lot of interesting things to tell you ... but wait for it ... KAF will be a whole new story! Hope you're all doing great and enjoying your fall!
Jeanie
The first pic is of triwalls....those things I said we packed a ton of ... Nat (on the left) and Colin (another good friend) dressed up as triwalls for halloween

These 2 are the gym coming down...I will send some of our mini gym another time.
So my days are numbered ... literally. Our gym is gone ... our office is gone .... I'm operating on a borrowed laptop ..... its time to go:). I think I emailed some of you my new email for KAF ... its Haining@forces.gc.ca ... so no JL.
Its been crazy watching the camp tear down. You can see across the camp now and it doesn't seem as big as when it had a bunch of weather havens. I've lucked out on having to move or go to rations because that all starts the day after I leave. Thankfully!
Yep, the people left behind are eating hard rations...just like having to go out to the field. Although I think for civilians it would be a little like camping so we wouldn't maybe mind it as much as the military who've been there, done that.
Apparently in KAF there isn't a Canadian gym location yet so we will be just doing seacan reorganizing and maybe some classes at the american gym and some tourneys.
Thankfully I'm going to Thailand for my time off soon after I get to KAF. I've attached pics of the gym building tear down. We set up a small gym on a concrete pad that used to be the Jr Ranks patio and the guys here are awesome about using it. You want to talk about commitment to fitness .... we've got guys in toques and gloves working out in the mornings. V. cool, literally. I'm sad because I lost my blue west beach toque that I've had to wear for the last few weeks as it got cold .... but apparently KAFis 5-10 degrees warmer than here so hopefully that will make it okay:)
Okay ... enough boring news ... basically I haven't done much except pack seacans and write up load lists for moving them so I don't really have a lot of interesting things to tell you ... but wait for it ... KAF will be a whole new story! Hope you're all doing great and enjoying your fall!
Jeanie
The first pic is of triwalls....those things I said we packed a ton of ... Nat (on the left) and Colin (another good friend) dressed up as triwalls for halloween
These 2 are the gym coming down...I will send some of our mini gym another time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home