"another brush with greatness"

Hi!
Here's my latest evidence of a brush with greatness....Guy Lafleur:).
I tried not to be starstruck but I couldn't help it:) He played in a ball hockey game with 2 of the teams here .... fun to watch! He broke one of our crappy sticks with his first slap shot. Nat (fitness staff was reffing) and I didn't have the heart to tell him no slap shots are allowed in the game.
Can you imagine saying that to Guy Lafleur!? Well, the camp is coming down more and more everyday... and I'm due in KAF in around 3 weeks. I'm actually excited for the change of scenery... it will be like starting another tour almost. Sorry the stories aren't more exciting .... not much going on except packing seacans. Mom, Peg and Kendra .... look for packages in the mail in the next few weeks!!!!
Miss you all!
J xo :-) Jeanie Haining
Fitness Supervisor
5270
Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games. - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey


1 Comments:
Guy Lafleur is awesome. I had the chance to talk to him once in Dallas. He's a really great ambassador of the game, incredibly funny and extrememly nice.
The nicest part to me was that while the average Texas hockey fan has imporved his game knowledge, he only complimentary about his time here saying that players in the area "are like a dry sponge, soaking up every bit of knowlegde they are given with an openness and enthusiasm." Pretty classy, if you ask me.
Post a Comment
<< Home