Monday, July 11, 2005

Good Lord! It's hot here ....

Monday: 34C/93F Humidex: 44C/111F

Looks like a furnace for most of the week!

I need water ... preferably a lake!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You southerners!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I envy you ... living by the ocean!

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Today in Telluride - High 82, low 50. Humidity, 40%.

(Would that be called toture?)

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to check my code book!

Maybe the elevations make a difference.

There's not a hint of a breeze!

Funny thing is, we're saying "43% humidity" here, but there's something about the situation of Ottawa, between the Laurentian Shield and the Gulf of Mexico, that can result in some of the most extreme temperatures in the world ... -50F to 110F+, give or take a few.

I remember being in the Carribean, where the humidity was large, but it didn't feel as extreme as it does here.

Probably why I like winter and spent most of my youth on the slopes!

6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right - I grew up in Dallas, where the heat and humidity had folks "walking around and making their own gravy." I love winter now.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now ... I just want to hose myself down :)

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want to hose myself down...

I would give most anything just to see that m'lady.

8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, great! Now I need a cold shower.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home